- All products are added to your cart.
* Produced in the oldest glass factory in France, founded in 1475
* Very clear, high temperature burnt glass
* Height 18 cm
* Suitable for dishwasher
This 1 liter jug with honey bee motif is excellent for use in the home and garden. The robust carafe is stable and can also take a beating. The jug is pressed in a mold in the traditional way. A thin pressed seam therefore remains visible and can be regarded as the authentic characteristic for this type of 'bistrot' glass. The well-known, timeless honey bee decor is embossed and gives the jug a classic look. The strong glass feels great in the hand and is frequently used in French cafes and restaurants.
Most important features:
- 1 Jug with spout and a capacity of 1 liter, height 18 cm
- Produced in the oldest glass factory in France, founded in 1475
- Embossed decoration
- Very clear, high temperature burnt glass
- Robust, molded glass with a thickness of approx. 3 mm
- Model tapering upwards, facilitates filling and pouring without spilling
- Extra stable because of the flared base at the bottom
- Ideal for water, fruit juice and water with added lime slices, mint leaves etc.
- Classic, timeless look
- Suitable for dishwasher
About La Rochère
La Rochère was founded in 1475, making it one of the oldest operating glass factories in the world. The factory is located in the French Vosges. Some of the very old industrial buildings hidden deep in the woods have been preserved and are even still in use. A large part of the production is now devoted to making glass bricks for construction. But glass is also blown and a considerable collection of pressed glass made in the traditional way. The most famous example of this is the glass with the honey bee, which became fashionable among the wealthy elite in Napoleon's time. Another popular decor is the French lily (Fleur de Lys), symbol of the French nobility. Both motifs are embossed on the glassware. A technique that used to be only possible when pressing glass.