- All products are added to your cart.
Laguiole 6 Steak knives 1.2 mm ivory in box
* Full tang blade made of stainless steel
* Plastic handle, color does not fade
* 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
* 100% made in France
* Suitable for dishwasher
This 6-piece Laguiole steak knife set is made in the 100-year-old French family company Jean Dubost. The materials used are of excellent quality. The blade is 1.2 mm thick, does not bend and is made of stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off because it is applied throughout the handle. The steak knives are provided with a fine knurling. They therefore stay sharp and cut well. In addition to steaks and other meat dishes, these knives are also excellent for slicing pizzas, oven dishes and savory pies. The steak knife set is entirely produced in France and provided with a certificate of authenticity. The set is delivered in a beautifully finished box of European softwood: nice to give as a gift and handy to store the steak knives. The cutlery is suitable for the dishwasher
Most important features:
- 6-piece steak knife set in wooden box
- Full tang blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Serrated blade, no grinding required
- Steel thickness blade 1.2 mm
- Steel type steak knife AISI 420
- Plastic handle (PMMA), color does not fade
- Suitable for steaks, other meat dishes, pizzas, oven dishes etc.
- Casket made of gray stained European softwood
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honeybee emblem
- Provided with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Casket 26x14xH3.5 cm
- At least 10 steak knives sets 6-part in various colors and color combinations
- Extensive cutlery with different parts
- Loose steak knives (for expansion or replacement)
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic, better known as acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be modeled in various forms when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel grade to which carbon is added in addition to chromium. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. This steel is additionally hardened (HRC52 / 56) with a heat treatment so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp for longer. In addition, it is highly resistant to rust.
HRC52 / 56 is the standard by which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less sensitive to rust formation.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The Jean Dubost family business was founded in 1920. Today it is led by the 4th generation that combines the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. Apart from a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, shiny polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made every year, almost half of which are destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also Laguiole imitation that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible on the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and the manufacturing are of considerably lower quality. Imitation is easy to recognize. If France is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife, the knife is not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.