- All products are added to your cart.
This 6-piece Laguiole steak knife set is made in the hundred-year-old French family business Jean Dubost. The materials used are of excellent quality. The blade is 1.2 mm thick, does not bend and is made of stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off because it is applied throughout the handle. The steak knives have a fine serration. This keeps them sharp and cuts well. In addition to steaks and other meat dishes, these knives are also excellent for cutting pizzas, oven dishes and savory pies. The steak knife set is completely produced in France and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The set is delivered in a beautifully finished box made of European coniferous wood: nice to give as a gift and handy to store the steak knives. The cutlery is dishwasher safe
Most important features:
- 6-piece steak knives set in wooden box in 6 colors
- Continuous one-piece blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Blade with light serration, does not need to be sharpened
- Steel thickness blade 1.2 mm
- Steel type steak knife AISI 420
- Handle made of plastic (PMMA), color does not fade
- Suitable for steaks, other meat dishes, pizzas, oven dishes, etc.
- Gray stained European softwood box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Box 26x14xH3.5 cm
- At least 10 steak knife sets 6-piece in various colors and color combinations
- Extensive cutlery with different parts
- Loose steak knives (for extension or replacement)
Technical information has:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic plastic, better known as acrylic. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel to which, in addition to chromium, carbon has also been added. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52/56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and stays sharp longer. In addition, it is highly resistant to corrosion.
HRC52/56 is the standard with which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less susceptible to rusting.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The family business Jean Dubost was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation who combine the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. With the exception of a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, shiny polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made every year, almost half of which is intended for export.
Unfortunately, there is also imitation Laguiole, which is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and manufacture is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If it is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife France, the knife is not produced in France and therefore not authentic.