- All products are added to your cart.
* Shiny stainless steel blade
* With PMMA plastic handle
* 2 year guarantee on production errors
* 100% made in France
* Dishwasher safe
This 24-piece Laguiole cutlery set mineral mix is made in the 100-year-old French family company Jean Dubost. This timeless cutlery has a classic look and consists of 6 steak knives, 6 dinner forks, 6 dinner spoons and 6 dessert spoons. The stylish and solid steak knife fits very well in the hand and has a steel thickness of 1.2 mm. The other items are also robust and have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The handle is made of a strong, durable plastic (PMMA). The stainless steel blade of the steak knife is serrated and excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, pizzas, game and roulades. The cutlery set is completely produced in France and provided with a certificate of authenticity. The set is supplied in a beautifully finished wooden cutlery box made of European softwood. The sturdy cutlery box is not only a nice gift box but also very suitable for storing the cutlery.
Most important features:
- Wooden cutlery box with 6 steak knives, 6 dinner forks, 6 dinner spoons and 6 dessert spoons
- Mix of 6 different colours
- Serrated steak knife with a steel thickness of 1.2 mm
- Steel type steak knife AISI 420, other cutlery parts AISI 430
- High-quality stainless steel blade with hardness HRC 52/56
- Good-grip handle made of PMMA plastic
- Suitable for dinner, lunch and barbecue
- Cutlery box made of gray stained European softwood
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honeybee emblem
- Provided with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Dinner spoon 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal section 9.5 cm)
- Dinner fork 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal section 9.5 cm)
- Dessert spoon 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, metal section 6.5 cm)
- Cutlery cassette 34x30xH7 cm
- 4 cutlery sets in other colors
- 2 cutlery sets with wooden handles
- Spare parts (for expansion or replacement)
- Steak knife sets 6-piece in a box
Technical information has:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic plastic, better known as acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be modeled in various forms when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless steel grade to which chrome has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it forms well (spoons and forks), has a strong gloss and does not rust quickly.
AISI 420 is a stronger stainless steel type to which carbon is added in addition to chromium. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. This steel is additionally hardened (HRC52 / 56) with a heat treatment so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp for longer. In addition, it is highly resistant to rust.
HRC52 / 56 is the standard by which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less sensitive to rust formation.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The Jean Dubost family business was founded in 1920. Today it is led by the 4th generation that combines the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. Apart from a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, shiny polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made every year, almost half of which are destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also Laguiole imitation that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible on the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and the manufacturing are of considerably lower quality. Imitation is easy to recognize. If France is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife, the knife is not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.