- All products are added to your cart.
* Produced in the oldest glass factory in France, founded in 1475
* Very clear, high-temperature burnt glass
* Height 9.5 cm, Ø8.5 cm
* Suitable for dishwasher
This water / tumbler glass is excellent for use in the home and garden. The robust, pressed glass stands firmly on its base and can also take a beating. It is pressed in molds in the traditional way. A thin pressed seam therefore remains visible and can be regarded as the authentic characteristic for this type of 'bistrot' glass. The strong glass feels great in the hand and is frequently used in French cafes and restaurants. Of course it is suitable for the dishwasher.
Most important features:
- 6 water / tumbler glasses 25 cl
- Produced in the oldest glass factory in France, founded in 1475
- Very clear, high temperature burnt glass
- Height 9 cm, Ø8.5 cm
- Robust, molded glass with a thickness of approx. 3 mm
- Glass that lies comfortably in the hand and stands firmly on the table
- Can be used for water, tea, coffee, soft drinks and fruit juice
- Classic, timeless look
- Suitable for dishwasher
About La Rochère
La Rochère was founded in 1475, making it one of the oldest operating glass factories in the world. The factory is located in the French Vosges. Some of the very old industrial buildings hidden deep in the woods have been preserved and are even still in use. A large part of the production is now devoted to making glass bricks for construction. But glass is also blown and a considerable collection of pressed glass made in the traditional way. The most famous example of this is the glass with the honey bee, which became fashionable among the wealthy elite in Napoleon's time. Another popular decor is the French lily (Fleur de Lys), symbol of the French nobility. Both motifs are embossed on the glassware. A technique that used to be only possible when pressing glass.