- All products are added to your cart.
* Blade made of 18/10 shiny stainless steel
* Handle made of plastic with mother-of-pearl effect
* 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects
* 100% made in Italy
* Suitable for dishwasher up to 55˚ C
Murano is the classic among our cutlery. Since its introduction in 1994, the collection has grown into an extensive range of 16 colors and more than 20 cutlery parts. The fact that this cutlery is so popular has everything to do with the appearance, the quality and the many possibilities. It looks classic with a nod to the Baroque, but due to the choice of colors and combination options, it fits just as well in a modern interior. With this cutlery you can go in all directions: from understated classic to a colorful collection of cheerfulness on the table, and everything in between!
The 24-piece set is for 6 people and consists of 6 dinner knives, 6 dinner forks, 6 dinner spoons and 6 dessert spoons. Each cutlery part is composed of a stainless steel blade, a plastic handle and an aluminum ornament in the center. The materials are of very good quality. The blade is 2.0 mm thick, does not bend and is made of 18/10 stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic, a strong plastic with a slightly shiny mother-of-pearl effect. The color will not wear off because it is applied throughout the handle (and not as a thin coating on the surface).
The knives have a fine serration. This keeps them sharp and cuts well. The set comes in a cutlery cassette made of European softwood: nice to give as a gift and handy for in the cutlery drawer.
The cutlery is suitable for the dishwasher and we recommend that you wash it at a maximum temperature of 55˚ C.
Most important features:
- 24-piece cutlery set in wooden case
- Blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Steel thickness blade 2.0 mm
- Steel type knife AISI 420, other cutlery parts AISI 430
- Handle made of plastic (PMMA), color does not fade
- Suitable for dinner and lunch (a smaller version for breakfast and starter is also available)
- Italian craftsmanship, 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Cutlery box made of gray-stained European softwood
- Suitable for dishwasher (up to 55˚ C)
- Dinner knife 23.5 cm (handle 11.5 cm, blade 12 cm)
- Dinner spoon 22.0 cm (handle 11.5 cm, metal part 10.5 cm)
- Dinner fork 22.0 cm (handle 11.5 cm, metal part 10.5 cm)
- Coffee / dessert spoon 15.5 cm (handle 9 cm, metal part 6.5 cm)
- Cutlery cassette 34x30xH7 cm
- 20+ cutlery sets in various colors and color combinations
- Extensive cutlery with over 20 different parts
- All loose parts from the cutlery set (for extension or replacement)
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic plastic better known under the name acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated. The material is transparent and therefore very suitable for imitating the mother-of-pearl effect characteristic of this cutlery.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless steel type to which chrome has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it is easy to shape (spoons and forks), has a strong gloss layer and does not rust quickly.
AISI 420 is a stronger stainless steel type to which carbon has been added in addition to chrome. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52 / 56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp for longer. It is also highly resistant to corrosion.
HRC52 / 56 is the standard by which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less susceptible to rusting.
18/10 stainless steel is a type of steel to which 18% chrome and 10% nickel has been added. Chrome gives the steel a durable glossy finish and nickel protects against rust. There are also cutlery types of steel (18/8 and 18/0) to which less or almost no nickel has been added. These are slightly less resistant to rust.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.