- All products are added to your cart.
* Suitable for butter, tapenades, soft cheeses, pate, etc.
* Full tang blade of stainless steel, steel thickness 1.2 mm
* Length 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, blade 6.5 cm)
* 100% made in France
* Dishwasher safe
This 4-piece Laguiole butter knife set is made in the hundred-year-old French family company Jean Dubost. The materials used are of excellent quality. The blade is 1.2 mm thick, does not bend and is made of stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off because it has been applied throughout the handle. The butter knives have a smoothly ground blade and cut well. These small spreading knives are not only used for butter, but also for tapenades, soft cheeses, pâté, etc. The set is entirely produced in France and provided with a Laguiole certificate of authenticity. The spreaders are dishwasher safe.
Most important features:
- 4-piece butter knife set in wooden box
- Full tang blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Steel thickness blade 1.2 mm
- Steel grade AISI 420
- Handle made of plastic (PMMA), color does not fade
- Suitable for butter, tapenades, soft cheeses, pâté, etc.
- Box made of European poplar wood
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Provided with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Butter knife 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, blade 6.5 cm)
- Wooden box 18x12xH4 cm
- Large assortment of 4-piece butter knife sets in various colors and color combinations
- 4-piece cheese knife sets with the same dimensions
- Extensive cutlery in the same style with different parts
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic better known under the name acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel type to which carbon has been added in addition to chrome. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52 / 56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp longer. It is also highly resistant to corrosion.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The family business Jean Dubost was founded in 1920. Today it is led by the 4th generation who combines the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. With the exception of a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, mirror-polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. Every year 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made, almost half of which is destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not directly visible on the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and manufacture is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If it is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife France, the knife is not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.