- All products are added to your cart.
* Stainless steel blade
* Plastic handle
* Ideal for serving salads, vegetables, pasta dishes
* 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
* 100% made in France
* Dishwasher safe
The Laguiole brand is traditionally known for its steak knives. Today there are numerous other items available, such as this salad server. Of course, this salad cutlery also has the honey bee logo.
The materials used are of excellent quality. The metal part is 2 mm thick, does not bend and is made of stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off as it is applied throughout the handle.
The salad fork and salad spoon are 24.5 cm long. It is a pleasantly handy salad cutlery that is not only suitable for serving salads, but can also be used excellently for serving vegetables, potatoes, pasta dishes and casseroles.
The set is entirely produced in France and packaged in a wooden box and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The salad cutlery can be put in the dishwasher.
Most important features:
- Salad servers with a length of 24.5 cm (both salad fork and salad spoon)
- Dimensions metal spoon/fork part (without handle): 8 cm long and 5 cm wide (at the widest point)
- Full tang blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Steel thickness blade 2 mm
- Steel type blade AISI 430
- Good grip plastic handle, color does not fade
- Suitable for serving salads, vegetables, pasta dishes, etc.
- Packed in a box of untreated European poplar wood
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Suitable for the dishwasher
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Total length 24.5 cm (handle 10 cm, metal part 14.5 cm)
- Dimensions spoon/fork part (without handle) 8 cm long and 5 cm wide (at the widest point)
- 8 salad servers with various plastic handles, olive wood and oak wood
- Complete 24-piece cutlery set
- Set with 6 steak knives
- Set with 3 cheese knives
- Carving set
- Set with 6 steak knives and 6 forks
- Various other accessories
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic better known as acrylic. This strong plastic can easily be modeled in all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless type of steel to which chromium has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it forms well (spoons and forks), has a strong glossy layer and does not rust quickly.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The Jean Dubost family business was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation who combine the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is entirely made in France. Apart from a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, glossy polished blade in a process of 9 production stages. Every year, 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made, almost half of which are destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also an imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honey bee, is even copied), the material and workmanship is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If the steel blade of the knife is not explicitly engraved with France, the knife was not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.