- All products are added to your cart.
* Stainless steel blade, in one piece
* Plastic handle
* Suitable for all types of hard and soft cheeses
* 100% Made in France
* Dishwasher safe
The set contains 3 different cheese knives. The cheese hatchet is particularly suitable for hard cheeses. The long knife is for softer cheeses such as camembert and brie. The butter knife can also be used for soft goat and herb cheeses. These cheese knives naturally also have the honeybee emblem. The stylish and solid knives fit very well in the hand.
This 3-piece Laguiole cheese knife set is made in the hundred-year-old French family business Jean Dubost. The materials used are of excellent quality. The blade is 1.5 mm thick, does not bend and is made of stainless steel. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off as it is applied throughout the handle.
The set is entirely produced in France and packaged in a wooden box. The knives can be put in the dishwasher without any problems. In short, the ideal gift for home cooks and culinary enthusiasts!
Most important features:
- Set of 3 different cheese knives packed in a wooden display
- Contents: 1 cheese hatchet, 1 cheese knife, 1 butter knife
- Blade AISI 420 stainless steel, steel thickness 1.5 mm
- Handle made of plastic (PMMA), color does not fade
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Suitable for the dishwasher
- The box is made of European poplar wood
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Cheese hatchet 22 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 10 cm)
- Butter knife 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, blade 6.5 cm)
- Cheese knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Box 25x12xH4 cm
- Large assortment of 3-piece cheese knife sets in various colors and color combinations
- 4-piece cheese knife sets with small cheese knives
- Extensive cutlery in the same style with different parts
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic better known under the name acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel type to which carbon has been added in addition to chrome. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52 / 56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp longer. It is also highly resistant to corrosion.
HRC52 / 56 is the standard by which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less susceptible to rusting.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The Jean Dubost family business was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation who combine the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is entirely made in France. Apart from a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, glossy polished blade in a process of 9 production stages. Every year, 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made, almost half of which are destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also an imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honey bee, is even copied), the material and workmanship is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If the steel blade of the knife is not explicitly engraved with France, the knife was not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.