- All products are added to your cart.
* Full tang stainless steel blade, steel thickness 2.5 mm
* PMMA plastic handle
* 100% made in France (Jean Dubost since 1920)
* Dishwasher safe
This 4-piece 'premium quality' Laguiole cutlery set with 2 steak knives and 2 forks is made in the hundred-year-old French family business Jean Dubost. The razor-sharp, stylish and solid knives fit very well in the hand and have a steel thickness of 2.5 mm. The corresponding forks have a steel thickness of 2.0 mm. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA) a strong plastic. The stainless steel steak knife blade is smoothly ground and excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, barbecue dishes, game and roulades. The cutlery set is fully produced in France and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The set is delivered in a beautifully finished lockable wooden cutlery box made of European poplar wood. The beautifully designed cutlery box is not only a luxurious gift box, but also very suitable for storing cutlery.
Most important features:
- 4-piece premium cutlery set with 2 steak knives and 2 forks in a beautifully finished wooden storage box
- Full tang blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Smoothly ground steak knife with a steel thickness of 2.5 mm (steel grade AISI 420, hardness HRC 52/56)
- Table fork with a steel thickness of 2.0 mm (steel grade AISI 430)
- Good grip handle made of strong plastic PMMA (acrylate), color does not fade
- Excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, barbecue dishes, pizzas, game and roulades.
- Comes in a beautifully finished storage box with lid, made of European poplar wood
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- With certificate of authenticity
- Dishwasher safe (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Table fork 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal part 9.5 cm)
- Cutlery box 26x26xH4 cm
- 6 cutlery sets in other colours
- Loose parts (for expansion or replacement)
- Steak knife sets 6 pieces in a box
- Dinner cutlery sets 24 pieces (6 steak knives, 6 forks, 6 spoons and 6 small spoons) in box
- Additional accessories such as: cheese knives, butter knives, serving spoons, salad servers, etc.
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic better known as acrylic. This strong plastic can easily be modeled in all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless type of steel to which chromium has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it forms well (spoons and forks), has a strong glossy layer and does not rust quickly.
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel type to which carbon has been added in addition to chromium. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52/56), so that the cutting edge is damaged less quickly and stays sharp longer. It is also highly resistant to rust formation.
This product is entirely produced in France and meets the highest European safety requirements.
Difference between Classic, Exclusive and Premium version
There are three variants, each with their own purpose. They differ in particular in terms of steel thickness and blade design.
Classic The 'classic' steak knife from Laguiole is the most famous variant, you see them in almost every French bistrot. It is a robust but simple steak knife with a 1.2 mm thick serrated blade that you never need to sharpen. Ease of use is paramount here, but not everyone likes a serrated blade because it cuts through the meat in a somewhat coarse way. The accompanying forks have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The 12-piece set is packed in a wooden cutlery display.
Exclusive The 'exclusive' series has been developed for enthusiasts with a preference for a smooth-sharpened blade. These razor-sharp steak knives feel great in the hand and cut effortlessly through all types of meat. The blade is slightly heavier with a thickness of 1.5 mm and hardly ever needs to be sharpened if used carefully. The accompanying forks have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The 12-piece set is packed in a beautifully designed, lockable cutlery cassette.
Premium If you go for luxury and top quality, choose the 'premium' version, the flagship of the steak knives. These knives also have a smoothly ground blade, but with a steel thickness of 2.5 mm. The beautifully balanced blade cuts like the best. This is the knife for home cooks and culinary enthusiasts! The accompanying forks are also heavier and have a steel thickness of 2.0 mm. The 12-piece set is packed in a beautifully designed, lockable cutlery cassette.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The Jean Dubost family business was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation that combines the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is entirely made in France. Apart from a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, glossy polished blade in a process of 9 production stages. Every year, 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made, almost half of which are destined for export.
Original or counterfeit?
Unfortunately, there is also an imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honey bee, is even copied), the material and workmanship is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If the steel blade of the knife is not explicitly engraved with France, the knife was not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.