- All products are added to your cart.
* Full tang blade made of stainless steel, thickness 1.2 mm
* Length steak knife 23 cm, fork length 21.5 cm
* 100% made in France (Jean Dubost since 1920)
* Suitable for dishwasher
This 12-piece Laguiole cutlery set is made in the century-old French family company Jean Dubost. The razor-sharp, stylish and solid knives lie very well in the hand and have a steel thickness of 1.2 mm. The corresponding forks have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The handle is made of acrylic (PMMA), a strong plastic. The color will not wear off because it has been applied throughout the handle. The stainless steel steak knife blade is serrated and excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, barbecue dishes, pizzas, game and roulades. The set is fully produced in France and packed in a display made of wood, with a certificate of authenticity. The knives and forks can be put in the dishwasher without any problems, although some users prefer to wash the knives by hand as it would keep them sharp longer. The ideal gift for home cooks and food lovers!
Most important features:
- 12-piece cutlery set with 6 steak knives and 6 forks in wooden display
- Full tang blade made of shiny stainless steel
- Serrated steak knife with a steel thickness of 1.2 mm (steel grade AISI 420, hardness HRC 52/56)
- Dinner fork with a steel thickness of 1.5 mm (steel type AISI 430)
- Good grip handle made of strong PMMA plastic, color does not fade
- Excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, barbecue dishes, pizzas, game and roulades.
- Display made of European softwood
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Provided with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Dinner fork 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal part 9.5 cm)
- Large assortment of 12-piece sets in various colors and color combinations
- Extensive cutlery in the same style with different parts
- 12-piece 'premium' set with top quality smooth-cut steak knife (steel thickness 2.5 mm) and top quality dinner fork (steel thickness 2.0 mm) packed in beautifully finished lockable storage box.
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a thermoplastic plastic better known under the name acrylate. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless steel type to which chrome has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it is easy to shape (spoons and forks), has a strong gloss layer and does not rust quickly.
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel type to which carbon has been added in addition to chrome. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52 / 56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and remains sharp longer. It is also highly resistant to corrosion.
This product is completely produced in France and meets the highest European safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The family business Jean Dubost was founded in 1920. Today it is led by the 4th generation who combines the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. With the exception of a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and handles, also come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, mirror-polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. Every year 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made, almost half of which is destined for export.
Unfortunately, there is also imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not directly visible on the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and manufacture is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If it is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife France, the knife is not produced in France and is therefore not authentic.