- All products are added to your cart.
* Blade: 1.2 mm Stainless steel, one piece
* Handle: Olive wood
* Made in France
* Wash by hand
The Laguiole brand is traditionally known for its steak knives. Today there are many other items available, such as this French cheese knife set made of olive wood. The cheese ax is particularly suitable for hard cheeses. The long blade is for softer cheeses such as camembert and brie. The butter knife can also be used for soft goat and herb cheeses. Of course, these cheese knives also have the honeybee emblem. The stylish and solid knives lie very well in the hand and have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The handle is made of real olive wood. The set is entirely produced in France and packaged in a wooden display with a certificate of authenticity. The knives can only be washed by hand because of the wooden handles. The ideal gift for home cooks and culinary enthusiasts!
Most important features:
- Set of 3 different cheese knives packed in wooden display
- Contents: 1 cheese axe, 1 cheese knife, 1 butter knife
- Steel thickness 1.2 - 1.5 mm
- Blade AISI 420 stainless steel, hardness HRC 52/56
- Handle of real olive wood
- Length measurements: cheese ax 22 cm - butter knife 15 cm - cheese knife 23 cm
- Suitable for all types of hard and soft cheeses
- Original Laguiole honey bee emblem
- Hand wash only
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Cheese hatchet 22 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 10 cm)
- Butter knife 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, blade 6.5 cm)
- Cheese knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- The same set in Oak wood
- More than 10 sets with plastic handles in various colors
- Premium set with top quality cheese knives (steel thickness 1.5 - 2.5 mm) packed in a beautifully finished lockable storage box.
- Extensive cutlery in the same style with different parts
Technical information handle:
Version in smooth polished real olive wood. Olive wood is a slow-growing hardwood from the countries around the Mediterranean Sea. The very hard and precious wood gets a second life (usually only after 70 years) when the tree is no longer suitable for olive cultivation.
Technical information blade:
AISI 420 is a strong stainless steel to which, in addition to chromium, carbon has also been added. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52/56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and stays sharp longer. In addition, it is highly resistant to corrosion.
HRC52/56 is the standard with which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less susceptible to rusting.
This product is entirely produced in France and meets the highest European safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The family business Jean Dubost was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation who combine the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. With the exception of a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, shiny polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made every year, almost half of which is intended for export.
Unfortunately, there is also imitation Laguiole that is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and manufacture is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If it is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife France, the knife is not produced in France and therefore not authentic.