- All products are added to your cart.
* blade made of shiny stainless steel
* handle made of PMMA plastic
* 2 year warranty on manufacturing defects
* 100 % made in France
* dishwasher safe
This 24-piece ivory-colored Laguiole cutlery set is made in the hundred-year-old French family business Jean Dubost. This timeless cutlery has a classic look and consists of 6 steak knives, 6 dinner forks, 6 dinner spoons and 6 dessert spoons. The stylish and solid steak knife lies very well in the hand and has a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The other articles are also well made and also have a steel thickness of 1.5 mm. The handle is made of a strong, durable plastic (PMMA). The stainless steel blade of the steak knife is smooth-ground and excellent for cutting steaks, lamb, pizza, game and roulades. The cutlery set is completely produced in France and comes with a certificate of authenticity. The set is delivered in a beautifully finished lockable wooden cutlery box made of European poplar wood. The beautifully designed cutlery box is not only a luxurious gift box, but also very suitable for storing the cutlery.
Most important features:
- Wooden cutlery box with 6 steak knives, 6 dinner forks, 6 dinner spoons and 6 dessert spoons
- Smooth-ground steak knife with a steel thickness of 1.5 mm
- Steel type steak knife AISI 420, other cutlery parts AISI 430
- High-quality stainless steel blade with hardness HRC 52/56
- Good grip made of PMMA plastic
- Suitable for dinner, lunch and barbecue
- Cutlery box made of untreated European poplar wood
- 100% made in France (Jean Dubost, since 1920)
- Original Laguiole honeybee emblem
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity
- Suitable for dishwasher (65 degrees)
- Steak knife 23 cm (handle 12 cm, blade 11 cm)
- Dinner spoon 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal part 9.5 cm)
- Dinner fork 21.5 cm (handle 12 cm, metal part 9.5 cm)
- Dessert spoon 15 cm (handle 8.5 cm, metal part 6.5 cm)
- Cutlery cassette 34x30xH7 cm
- 4 cutlery sets in other colors
- Loose parts (for extension or replacement)
- Steak knife sets 6-piece in box
- Steak cutlery sets 12-piece (6 steak knives & 6 forks) in box
Technical information handle:
PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic plastic, better known as acrylic. This strong plastic can easily be molded into all kinds of shapes when heated.
Technical information blade:
AISI 430 is a stainless steel type to which chromium has been added. This type of steel is often used for cutlery because it can be formed well (spoons and forks), has a strong gloss layer and does not rust quickly.
AISI 420 is a stronger stainless steel to which, in addition to chromium, carbon has also been added. This steel is less easy to bend and is very suitable for making knives. With a heat treatment, this steel is extra hardened (HRC52/56) so that the cutting surface is damaged less quickly and stays sharp longer. In addition, it is highly resistant to rust formation.
HRC52/56 is the standard with which the hardness of the steel is indicated. This type of steel will not break easily and is less susceptible to rusting.
This product is produced in Europe and meets the highest safety requirements.
About Laguiole Jean Dubost
The family business Jean Dubost was founded in 1920. Today it is run by the 4th generation who combine the traditional way of making knives with modern industrial production techniques.
The Laguiole Jean Dubost range is made entirely in France. With the exception of a few tropical woods, all parts, such as the steel and the handles, come from France. In the factory, raw steel (AISI 420 standard with hardness HRC 52/56) is transformed into a razor-sharp, shiny polished blade in a process of 9 production phases. 1.5 million Laguiole steak knives are made every year, almost half of which are intended for export.
Unfortunately, there is also imitation Laguiole, which is mainly produced in China. Although often not immediately visible from the outside (the logo, the honeybee, is even copied), the material and manufacture is of considerably lower quality. Imitation is also easy to recognize. If it is not explicitly engraved in the steel blade of the knife France, the knife is not produced in France and therefore not authentic.